FOR TEACHERS1. Sign up and create your account.
2. Log in and click “Apply for Grant”
3. Complete the brief online application. You can save and return to your application using your account login at any time. Please provide a project budget that is specific and accurate, and please set a reasonable timeline for raising the funds on the Friends & Family site.
4. Friends & Family grant funds cannot be used to pay an independent consultant (non-profit organizations are okay).
5. The Schools Fund will review your grant application and provide you with a response within a week of your submission. Approval will be based on a well-justified explanation of the educational value of the project.
6. If your grant application is approved, you will receive a notification email with a project link from the Berkeley Public Schools Fund, including sample text for you to send to your class/contact list. The grant amount that you applied for will have a 9% administration fee added to it when we post it to the site ($50 grant will become $54.50).
7. Email the grant link to your classroom parents and other contacts. Share this project with your friends, family and social networks to increase funding sources for your grant project.
8. Your grant will be visible and searchable (under your name, school or grant subject) on the Schools Fund Friends & Family site. The Schools Fund will also help promote grant projects through our monthly e-Newsletter and Facebook page.
9. Once you have received full funding for your grant, the Schools Fund will send you a check for the requested amount in your application.
10. Please send all receipts to the Schools Fund within 90 days of receiving funding. Failure to provide receipts may affect your ability to receive future grants.
11. There is no limit to how frequently you apply for grants on the Friends & Family site.